The US-China Clean Energy Forum (CEF) was created in 2007 to serve as a platform for candid dialogue and joint development of programs to enhance clean energy cooperation between the US and China. Since 2010, CEF has been an active partner in the official US-China Clean Energy Research Center (CERC), and leads the US Intellectual Property team.
• Stanley H. BARER is founding co-chair of the US-China Clean Energy Forum and isChairman Emeritus of Saltchuk Resources, a national shipping company. He is of counsel at Garvey Shubert Barer law firm.
• Ambassador William E. BROCK is a former Secretary of Labor, U.S. Trade Representative and Senator from Tennessee.
• Minister FU Zhihuan was minister of Railways and a senior member of the National People's Congress.
• Director General HAN Wenke leads the Energy Research Institute of the National Development and Reform Commission.
• Ambassador Carla HILLS is chairman and chief executive officer of Hills & Company and formerly was US Trade Representative and Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. She serves as co-chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations and chairman of the National Committee on U.S.-China Relations.
• Ambassador Mickey KANTOR is a partner in the law firm of Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw. He previously served as U.S. Secretary of Commerce and as U.S. Trade Representative.
• Governor JIA Zhijie was governor and party secretary of Gansu and Hubei provinces.
• Ambassador Darryl JOHNSON is a former U.S. Ambassador to Lithuania, Thailand, Philippines, and a former director of the American Institute of Taiwan.
• Secretary Norman MINETA is a former Secretary of Commerce and Transportation, Member of Congress and Mayor of San Jose, California.
• Sharon NELSON is a board member of Itron, Inc. and formerly served as chair of Consumers Union, board member of the National Commission on Energy Policy and the North American Electric Reliability Corporation.
• Ambassador J. Stapleton ROY was Director, Kissinger Institute on China and the United States, at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and was US Ambassador to China.
• XU Changdong is a businessman and chairman of the Western Returned Scholars Entrepreneurs Association.
• Dennis BRACY is Chief Executive Officer of the Clean Energy Forum, and Chairman of Avatar Studios, a company that produces television programs and videos, including pioneering television programming in China.
• Mr. Stacy BAIRD leads the Forum's Intellectual Property programs. He is an attorney and resides in Hong Kong.
• Dr. Grace GONG is chief China representative. She was a long-time anchor at Beijing TV and is a professor at China University of Communications.
• Dandan RAN is program director, based in Seattle.
• Ellen JESSE, CPA, coordinates accounting and finance.
• Dr. Joanna LEWIS serves as a senior advisor and is Assistant Professor at Georgetown University.
Over the years, we have formed a number of working groups to develop joint recommendations. The working groups were made up of sponsor representatives and experts in key areas such as finance, export regulations and energy technology. The working groups identified priority areas for cooperation and focused on how we can remove barriers so we can translate good intentions into dramatic action.